Innovative experiential learning has been core to the mission and learning model at the UConn School of Business for close to 20 years. We’re proud to have been one of the first business schools in the country to incorporate it as a key component within our MBA curriculum.
There are a wide variety of exciting ways to meet this milestone, advance your personal and career goals, and gain highly sought-after skills in the marketplace.
Group Student Projects
Participate in an advanced approved student-startup, a sponsored company, or nonprofit organization project.
Individual Student Projects
Apply for a GE Global Research Fellowship or – under the advisement of a faculty member – complete a new business feasibility study or research project.
Internships and Co-ops
Showcase your skills and expanded knowledge base in an internship or co-op that could potentially lead to full-time employment post-graduation.
Experiential Learning Accelerators
- Experiential Learning Collaborative
- $2 million Student Managed Fund
- Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- SCOPE (Sustainable Community Outreach and Public Engagement)
Past project sponsors include: Bank of America, UnitedHealthcare, Pratt & Whitney, and many other
large and small companies in multiple industries.
Case competitions allow you to showcase your skills on the national stage. There are multiple opportunities for student teams to travel to regional and national case competitions and compete against student teams from other MBA programs.
- The Negotiation Challenge, Vienna, Austria and Bogotá, Colombia
- Univ. of Illinois Strategy Case Competition – 2nd place 2017, 1st place 2013
- University of Maryland Emerging Markets Case Competition
- Game Day Sports Case Competition, UCLA
- Yale Healthcare Case Competition
- Yale Responsible Investing Group Case Competition
- Lincoln Motor Company Case Competition – 3rd place 2016
- APICS Case Competition, Albany, NY / Las Vegas, NV – 1st place 2015
- ACG Cup Mergers & Acquisitions – 1st place 2013
- General Electric (GE) – 2nd place 2015
UConn MBA Case Challenge
Forward-thinking companies partner with UConn to provide a real business problem for the UConn MBA Case Challenge. This would be your first experiential learning endeavor together with your classmates.
As part of a team, you will research and analyze a real challenge being faced by the sponsoring organization. You will then present your recommendations to company executives and faculty in a case competition format. Finalist teams go on to present at the company site followed by an extensive question and answer session to further articulate their decision-making reasoning.
Prior partners include: Global Brigades, DeMet’s Candy Company, Greyston Bakery, Cigna, and InsurTech.